Monday, February 22, 2010

Table Rock (revisited)

So I know it's been ages since I posted anything at all on this page. Let's face it, life gets busy, and who has time for this anyway? Since I was last on here, there have been births, deaths, changes in living arrangements, changes in work arrangements, stress, anxiety, migraines, whirlwinds of changes, and for several weeks now, I think I have just needed someone to PUSH PAUSE on all this crap so I can BREATHE.

Enter the first nice, sunny, 65 degree day in months. And lo and behold, it's my day off. WHAT, you say? A nice day off? When you desperately need to PUSH PAUSE and go outside and get AWAY from all this crap?

Yes, indeed. So I packed up my trusty backpack, and headed back to Table Rock. Not to climb Pinnacle Peak, cuz been-there-done-that, but to climb the smaller one, Table Mountain, or Table Rock, or whatever you call it.


(From the bottom. Note exposed rock at top, will be revisited later.)



And as pretty as it is, it's still 3.5 miles one way to the top. And 3 miles of it is stairs. I can't walk today, by the way.



And there's still snow up there... Even a frozen waterfall way in the distance.



So there's the summit sign, not too impressive, it's all in the treeline, and really not very tall, but the view from the lookout... Fabulous. And coincidentally a nice spot to have lunch. If you like sitting out on exposed rock with no guard rails in the 65 degree sun in the wind watching the hawks and looking out over all the mountains of North and South Carolina. Which, of course, I do. Hooray for spring!




No comments:

Post a Comment