
January day hike to a new park, Crowders Mountain State Park, in Gastonia, NC. I wanted to check out the rock climbing and do some hiking, since it was sunny and nice outside... You can see the rock/mountain between the trees on this picture.

The view from the actual towers summit was crappy. So here's the view from the Rocktop Trail. Which takes you up on top of the rocks and makes you climb up them and walk across them. Not friendly for 5 inch tall dogs or people afraid of heights.



An example of said "strenuous" trail. This is actually the marked trail. Honestly. Up over the rocks. There is no "around". Vegas usually makes it up and down most rocky trails, but this one she had to be carried for... Most people were doing this trail with walking poles. Instead of poles, I carry chihuahuas. Very trendy and effective, I know.







I think you will need to find an easier one for when we visit. Mom
ReplyDeleteOr maybe not.
ReplyDeleteLou