
Before I get started on the Biltmore pics, I have to show you this random plant. These flowers were all over last week, on some kind of plant that no one can tell me what it is. (Jack????) Here's a closeup below. I pulled off Wade Hampton Road to get a pic, and they smelled sooo good. But they're almost on some "trash tree" or something? Anyway, here it is.

Okay, here's the Biltmore gardens about a week ago. They're a little behind South Carolina, being all north and all, so the trees were still blooming, and the azaleas weren't all out yet.



This must be the festival of flowers part? I was a little confused. Yes there are flowers, yes there is a new festival of flowers wine, but a festival per se I did not see. Perhaps because this was on a weekday? I'm not sure. Anyway, the flowers are awesome. These will all be replaced by roses and annuals in the next couple of months. For now, bulbs rule.


Special for mom: your mockingbird. On this note, ever hear a mockingbird do a seagull impression? It's hilarious. Here he is!






dude, i think thats wisteria. :)
ReplyDeleteYup, Marlayna got it right, that is Wisteria.
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, while it is hard to tell for sure from the photo, that is most likely a Wild Turkey. They are very common in North Carolina and quite tasty if cooked right!