As it says on the sign, these pictures are from Table Rock State Park. It's sort of near Caesar's Head State Park, sort of near Traveler's Rest? About an hour and a half from home. It's really pretty so I thought I'd share. The plan was to spend most of the day hiking some trails, take the Pinnacle Mountain Trail to Mill Creek Falls and have lunch. It was so quiet on a weekday, I think I did about 6 miles and not once did I run into another human being. No bears either. But I got sore legs, a good lunch, and some reading by the waterfall. Not a bad day off. :)
Mill Creek Falls (the lunch spot)
Caesar's Head State Park. 11-9-09
This is the overlook from the parking area. I've been here twice before but never really gone very far on the trails. I had the whole day off, food in the backpack, and my camera, so I thought I'd go looking for Raven Cliff Falls. The drive up the mountain, with all the awesome 180 degree uphill switchbacks, was still in pretty leaf color, with tons of red and bright yellow leaves. If I hadn't been driving, you'd have seen some pictures!
This is the overlook from the parking area. I've been here twice before but never really gone very far on the trails. I had the whole day off, food in the backpack, and my camera, so I thought I'd go looking for Raven Cliff Falls. The drive up the mountain, with all the awesome 180 degree uphill switchbacks, was still in pretty leaf color, with tons of red and bright yellow leaves. If I hadn't been driving, you'd have seen some pictures!
Raven Cliff Falls: If you look way at the top, there is a suspension bridge that runs across it. Apparently there is another trail that goes all the way over there... I wasn't about to do that one today... :) And to finish, here's some gorgeous scenery. It's so pretty out here. And no, I didn't get eaten by a bear, or anything. haha I can't wait for my next day off to go hiking again!!! (Hey Michigan people, did you notice the TShirt????) Sorry. Couldn't help that one. :)

Hiking on your day off sounds incredible! Beautiful pictures!
ReplyDelete