Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Dupont State Park, NC


Yesterday I thought I'd pick a different state, so I went to Dupont... Which started out very nice although partly cloudy, but due to the inevitable climate difference between North and South Carolina, it was sunny and 60's in Spartanburg, and 50's and drizzly in Transylvania. Yep, that's right. Transylvania, Land of Waterfalls. Someday I'll get a picture of that sign... LOL


The next couple pictures below are taken from the covered bridge on top of the waterfall.





So, alas, my much anticipated hike was cut drastically short due to rain. But Senor Garmin took me on a very interesting route home, through Deliverance country, up and down some mountains on wet gravel roads, which I thought I'd surely get stuck on, and which had downed power lines on the road from the storm the night before. But nope, I got back to SC, and it was sunny, so I stopped at Hatcher to see what was blooming there.


Bonus points if you find my furry and feathered friends.





Well, enough hiking. Back to packing. Have a good week! Let the April 11th Strawberry Countdown begin!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey...if you look back at May of last year, from your blog, you already have a "Transylvania, land of waterfalls" sign photo ;)

    ReplyDelete