Thursday, October 7, 2010

October! :)


Took advantage of some cooler fall weather to take a drive to Rosman, North Carolina on Monday, where unfortunately, it was MUCH colder than home! (Like 48 degrees, at noon!) Not any real hiking to speak of, just pretty waterfalls, and NO fall colors yet, as you can see. Maybe next week... :)

Above and below are Bird Rock Falls and Mill Shoal Falls, respectively. They are both on private property owned by a religious organization called Living Waters, and they are nice enough to let you park and hike on their property. However, I forgot Veg's leash, AND her coat, and she was shivering like crazy, so I stuffed her in my coat and we did a little walking, but not so much. Oh well. The view was nice just the same.


The one below is Estatoe Falls, which is actually seriously way back in someone's yard. Supposedly these people are okay with strangers literally parking next to their house, walking through their backyard to the woods, and visiting their waterfall. I saw some guy in the kitchen reading, parked right next to his SUV, kinda stealthily RAN across the yard, and didn't spend a whole lot of time visiting. LOL Seriously, I would LOVE for this to be MY backyard. Wow.


By the way, I did note that my "new" Equinox happens to love driving in the mountains. Which is good, because I have these floating holidays I need to use before my last day of work next weekend, and I'm going to have to go for a REAL hike. Stay tuned tomorrow... ;)

2 comments:

  1. very good pics...good luck and kick some sassafras :p lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realized that the pic of Bird Rock falls..the large rock underwater in the lower left of the pic was the one I sat on just a few days earlier..it was almost entirely exposed while I was there.

    ReplyDelete